They thought it would never happen. Facebook was here to stay. In a few short years it had taken over our lives. We had just as we got our heads around it. But now in just three weeks, Google’s competitor to Facebook and Twitter has amassed more than 10 million users! Get ready for something new.
Mashable.com asked its readers what they thought about Google + and posted six of the 500 responses they received which they believe encompass why so many people are excited by Google’s new social initiative. The last one says it all!
1.“Google+ is a much cleaner way to selectively share data with others. As Google integrates more of their other cloud products, like Documents, Calendar, and Reader, you’re going to see it become one of the primary means of absorbing the data streaming from the Internet and sharing it with others.” ~ Jason Poggioli
2. “It’s the combination of being able to share based on (hopefully!) mutual interests with the ability to get exposure to interesting people and ideas. The relationship doesn’t really have to be two way, but it doesn’t all have to be public.” ~ Holly Henry
3. “For some reason, the level of engagement is higher. Commenting and resharing seems to happen at a higher rate here (so far.)” ~ Bill Shander
4. “I’ve had a Facebook account since 2003. It’s time for something more grown up that gives me more control and has a more organic user experience.” ~ Sean Cooper
5. “The clean user interface of Google+, combined with the lack of distracting elements, or so-called features (such as all of the add-on games and apps on FB that clutter up your stream), that I never use, attract me to Google+. This, combined with the Circles feature, choosing who you share with, are the primary draws.” ~ Scott Davis
6. “If Facebook and Twitter had a baby, they’d call it Google+.” ~ Olaf Wempe