If you are struggling to keep up with the latest computer terms and acronyms, don’t stress – you are not alone! Even though I work in ICT (Information Communication Technology) everyday I seem to have to learn a new TLA (Three Letter Acronym) in order to do my job.
But help is at hand with a great website called NetLingo:
“Why does NetLingo exist? To track new Internet terms and text and chat acronyms. Others can do that but NetLingo is unique because it’s written by a woman using layman’s language, we are the oldest site who specializes in Internet terms, we have the largest list of text and chat acronyms, and we offer a service that is organized to educate, entertain, and empower you.”
I have referenced this site before as it has some great tips and tools for parents:
- The NetLingo Dictionary – find thousands of technology definitions here;
- Top 50 Acronyms Every Parent Needs to Know;
- Top 50 Popular Text Terms;
- Top 50 Newbie Terms Everyone Needs to Know;
- Word of the Day – you can subscribe to receive an email everyday.
It is important, as parents, that you do not get left behind…you don’t want your kids to KPC!